QUICK REFERENCE CARD
GRAPHICS: EPS, TIFF, JPEG or PDF format. Images must be at least 300 dpi or greater. Images submitted with less than 300 dpi are subject to pixilation during the ripping and plating process and will appear on the final project.
BLEEDS: 1/8" (.125) beyond document edge is required!
SOFTWARE: (If you do not see your application listed below please contact our graphics department to ensure compatibility)
Adobe PageMaker 7
Adobe Illustrator 10
Abode PhotoShop 7
Adobe Acrobat 5.0
MicroSoft Publisher 2007
PLEASE INCLUDE: Hard copy lasers of the final piece, separations and composites. Hard copy color representations are strongly recommended. Please provide a mock-up piece for all folds, perforations, scores and numbering. These can be emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) or faxed to 703.594.2860
TOP PROBLEMS ENCOUNTERED WITH SUPPLIED FILES:
1. Not enough graphic/scan or images to meet bleed requirements.
2. Line art (logos) saved in 300 dpi grayscale format, rather than 1200 dpi bitmap format
3. Inaccurate clipping paths
4. Book pages set up as one double-sized page in reader spreads
5. Photo’s don’t fill out picture windows (i.e. a tiny gap is left between photo and border).
5. Spot colors produced in two different versions (i.e. PMS 1955Coated and PMS 1955Uncoated)
6. Characters modified by using the style palette (i.e. bold or italic) rather than using the actual bold or italic font.
7. Digital Files do NOT match the customers supplied Lasers or PDF’s.
8. Low resolution graphics supplied in stead of high resolution files
9. Missing FONTS